Attitude

Attitude is how you live your life. With a complaining pessimistic attitude or a joyful optimistic one. The same experience can feel different if you have a positive outlook on life. Thinking about the positive rather than the negative can make every day a great one. Just imagine how stress-free life would be if you were happy almost every moment! Your attitude also affects others. When you are excited about a new project, your optimism is like an epidemic, making everyone around you concur with your opinion. The power of your attitude is tremendous.

When you complain under your breath about how many chores you have to do, you are annoying sister, or you are embarrassing parents, you are only making the situation worse. For example, when I come home from school after a long, hard day I sometimes take it out on my mom. Of course, no one benefits from this. In fact, I may have to do an extra chore that night. When I don’t’ get what I want, I may complain so much, it takes a 30 minute lecture to get back to my senses. When my mom told me I was going to transfer to Rice middle school my attitude was very negative. I only thought about how different or mean the kids might be, who was going to sit next to me at lunch, and how hard the curriculum was. It was only when I walked through the front doors that I realized this could actually be fun. At home my attitude changes depending on what I do. If I have to organize the dishes, my mind would be full of complaints. If my mom orders pizza then I instantly love her. At a friend’s place I wouldn’t complain out loud but inside my head I would be thinking “I’m bored” or “They didn’t give me enough food”. If we counted the number of times we complained we would be very amazed. Be considerate, happy, and try to focus on the good and not the bad. Many people say attitude is everything & many times this is true.

My best attitude is at my grandma’s and grandpa’s place. Luckily, I don’t even have to try. My grandparents treat me so well it is hard to complain. My worst attitude is at home. As my responsibilities grow so does my attitude. At guitar class my attitude is difficult to describe. Usually I’m thinking “what can I do to improve?”. But when I make a mistake, instead of thinking “you did the best you could”, I tell myself “you sucked”.

In all these situations if I had showed a better or worse attitude, the mood of me and everyone else would have improved or gotten worse. Attitude is your perception of the world. It can make life seem like a paradise or a jail cell.

Next time your mom tells you to mop the floor or mow the lawn, instead of groaning say “yeah, sure! Is there anything else?” It may seem impossible but if you are enthusiastic the work will seem like a lot less. This is not just true for housework. This principle of attitude can apply for practically your whole life. Have high expectations for your future and don’t complain. More than 50 percent of your success is from attitude. If you have a good attitude you will go a long way in every path you take. An optimistic person can find something to value in every situation. They can go through life’s hardest perils and still not utter one single complaint. With a good attitude, a homeless person can look at his begging bowl and see a mansion.

Comments

  1. Wow...Nice one Rohi..Keep rocking..I really impressed with your attitude....superb thoughts about attitude..you realized and accepted your mistakes.You are an astute girl.Really,I am very proud of you...
    lots of congrats
    Surya...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts