A sad memory

One of my saddest memories is in May 2009. It was sad because my best friend was moving. Not just moving to Houston or Chicago, but moving all the way around the world. She was moving to India. She was practically like a sister to me, she understood me, I understood her. She was the perfect friend, until she left. Of course we are still keeping in touch, but it was nothing like walking to each other’s house, having sleepovers every other day. That perfect friend's name was Akila. She also had another sister (a real one) who was very cute and charming. We would share practically everything. After reading all this, you can imagine, how sad I would feel when she moved. In India kids are busy, so I forced myself to accept that I wouldn’t be able to talk that much to her. She gave a lot of support which helped me immeasurably. I would have been much happier if she was here. I was sad, in fact dejected to see the last few days of her stay in America pass by. We both were trying to squish time into our schedule to meet each other. To sum it up, I missed her more than anything.

Comments

  1. I still miss my best friend..It has been 10 years.. :( Though I meet her every once in a while, talk once a week but I miss her physical presence..I know what you must have felt..

    But over the years, I have been grateful that she has been a part of my life..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts