A lesson learned

Even best friends don't stay forever, nothing does.
I learned this lesson when I was 10 years old. That was when my best friend moved.
BFF means best friend forever; so logically I thought my BFF, Akila would stay forever. When I was about 8 years old, my best friend said she was going to move in 2 years. But, at that time it didn't stick in my head, and I went back to persuading my mom if I could stay at my BFF's house just a little longer. But two years passed by just like that. The few weeks before she left were full of misery. How could I not know this was coming? I have been friends with her since I was 4. Why didn't I take the time then?
I probably thought that Akila was kidding when she said she was moving or may be I just didn't listen.
I guess I learned not to expect things to stay forever. No matter how great your house is, you will move one day. No matter how much you love your job, one day you will change it. Even if school is your life, someday you will graduate. Just like all these examples even my best friend forever will not stay forever. So when you have the time, don't dilly-dally. You will regret it. Enjoy the things while you have them, not at the last minute.


Comments

Popular Posts