Moment of fun

There is a rush of wind,
whoosh,
A spray of fresh water drenching me,
splash,
I feel alive,
the speedometer reaches 70mph,
we are going very fast,
I fear we are going to fall in the icy depths below,
my eyes are narrowed to slits by the passing wind,
the gorgeous trees around us are waving bye,
I wish I could wave back,
but I am barely holding on,
my hair is whipping across my face,
my ears can hear the motor groaning,
my heart is pounding;but I'm not scared,
thankfully, I'm wearing a life jacket,
and a smile,
my excitement cannot be contained,
I forcefully open up my eyes,
so I can see the beautiful scenery,
this might be the last time I will see it,
I, with all my heart,
did not want this moment to end,
but it must,
now the moment of fun is over,
and finally,
I get off the jet ski.



Comments

  1. Mom's note: This moment I will never forget either, it was great fun, it was at Beavers Bend in Oklahoma and we were hanging out with a bunch of cool friends! I never have gone that fast on a jet ski before, not sure I will dare to do that fast again :) ....but that moment was totally fun and fearless, conquered the water, and not much of a swimmer either....

    - Sri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts