Dancing on Stage

"Hah,Hah" I panted. I wiped the sweaty hair out of my face and started the tape. I was practicing for my dance performance in front of 300-400 people. Just the idea of it scared the heart right out out of my chest. When I was not practicing , I was listening to the music.Days,weeks ; were devoted to dance.

It was the day of my performance. Dressing up took a long time. But soon I was ready to go on stage.

The music of Thodamangalam ,the first dance,started before i even got to register what i was going to do next.Nevertheless,I straightened my back,bended,ignored the audience,and looked straight ahead.


Soon I was enjoying it ! My fear had vanished.The dances flew by quickly.A grin was glued on to my face."You did it,You truly did it ! " I thought to myself at the end of performance.

And you know what ? I think I did!

Mom's Note: The program was on May 16th 2010 at the Allen Civic Auditorium and it was her second stage performance.

Comments

Popular Posts