Aquafina Girl !!!

"Wait up!" I babbled playfully as I swam towards my grandpa. It was a scorching summer day in India's "tropical islands". Swimming was my favorite thing to do in summer ! "Are you sure you arrived here at 8:30?" I pointed out doubtfully. "For the last time, yes!" Grandpa scolded, we waded in the water. "Help!" I shrieked as I dropped in the water, frantically trying to help myself up. I devestatedly waited for my grandpa to notice me, dropping in the water of the public pool. It was life or death, but it was too late!

After what seemed like an hour of holding my breath I thought I should start blowing bubbles to make grandpa notice me, but it didn't work. Finally he looked at me, that one look let him know I was in deep doo-doo. Although I was embarassed for him to look at me, just that moment (because my cheeks were blown up like a chipmunk) I was glad that he did. He grasped my hands and burried them into his chest, after a moment with his monsterous hands, he lifted me up and out of the water. I was out! It was incredible! It all happened in a moment, such a contrast to the million hours that I waited under water a minute ago. By now, I was panting like a wet dog, who had run a spillion, billion miles. I gasped, for air, as I said "Thank you, Thank you so much!" I was rescued!

To be rescued from the waters mysterious deep, was thankful utopia! I thought I would die! Grinning from ear to ear, as I smiled at my grandpa, thinking, he was the best grandpa in the world! After all, he did save my life, didn't he?

-- By Rohi (when 9 years old)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts